Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Attic Treasures

Oh....my.....goodness!!!  What a day!  Monday's are my hunt and gather days.  Where I take the entire day and just get lost and find little places with goodies that I want to use as displays in the store or my now not-so-secret finds!

Today was an adventure to say the least.  I went out with my brother who's here from Chicago and LOVES American Picker on the History Channel.  I thought I'd show him what a great little picker I am as well!!  Off we were with a cooler of cold drinks in the car, armed with a map and a credit card (or two).  Three stores later and only $75 in purchases I was beginning to get depressed.  However, don't despair!!  The last store was the charm, but boy did we work for it.

Little did I know that this store that we've shopped at before has an attic.  Hmmm, it's Florida, it's summer and it's an attic.  It was as bad as you could imagine, perhaps even worse.  There wasn't a breath of air to be had.  Just walking up the steps brought sweat to the brow and trickling down those places that make you really uncomfortable.

Apparently, this was the place things were sent that just weren't perfect enough.  To whom?  I don't know because I found some pretty darn perfect stuff.  Two of the coolest Radio Flyer snow sleds for $15 each!!  Just gorgeous and perfect for our Christmas displays.  Old, broken, paint-chipped windows, a gorgeous old radio cabinet, a set of Christmas porcelain for our Christmas table-scape and too many little things to mention.

By the time we carried them down the three flights of stairs we were soaked, exhausted but elated with visions of holiday displays and projects for our Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.  Who says that imperfect isn't perfect?!

6 comments:

  1. It sounds like a perfect day, Robyn, sweat and all! I'm so happy you said you found a sled, I found a little tiny one this weekend at a garage sale ~ a real sled, but in "baby" size. I'd love if you show what you wind up doing with them down the road. I have some ideas for mine, but love to see what others come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh I just love days like that ~ You gotta love junkin days!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fabulous and successful day! Of course, now I am curious as to which place you are talking about and if I have been there. I love junking!

    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous day spending it junking with a loved one!!! Sounds like the last place was worth the blood, sweat, and tears! Hope you show them off soon.
    Got the giveaway post up. You should direct your readers over too. Thank you so so much.
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello there~ Was sent to you from Blue creek!
    Yeh!
    Love your blog!
    Smiles!
    Cricket

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had one AWESOME day of thriftin'...looking forward to seeing the pics!!!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete