Friday, June 3, 2011

ANNIE SLOAN and the Past

One of my beautiful finds from my attic adventure on Monday!  Just look what crawling around a hot attic produced!  Isn't this the sweetest little desk? I knew Annie Sloan Chalk Paint would take a tired old desk and transform it into something you just have to have.

I saw the life it lived...I felt the person sitting by this desk writing letters to her family from afar....it's easy to drift back to the past of a piece, to feel its history.  It came alive to me and I knew that I had to return it to its former beauty.  Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Paris Grey and Old White along with the clear and dark wax is all it took.  Well, that and a little lovin'.  Can't you just sense it's history?


4 comments:

  1. Loved how it turned out. I can hardly wait to get my hands on some Chalk Paint! I have several projects that need a new finish!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a new follower would love for you to follow me too!
    dreaming-n-color.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful make-over! Just lovely!
    Take care, VBg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just ordered some paint!!! Can not wait to get started on some projects! Thanks, Misty

    ReplyDelete