Sunday, August 5, 2012

A BEDROOM MAKEOVER with CHALK PAINT® DECORATIVE PAINT!

Robyn Story Designs and Boutique
is just blessed with the most wonderful customers. 
Creative
Loyal
Giving
Inspiring

and today I'd like to feature one of my many customers that have come to my store for
Chalk Paint® a decorative paint!

  Ashley came in for the first time a few weeks ago, just for the 
CHALK PAINT®
however, she's found her 'home away from home'....
she says that we inspire her!!

Let me show you how she inspired me and I know once you see this amazing transformation
she will
INSPIRE YOU!
This is a picture of the headboard before Ashley's transformation!

Just look at the difference Chalk Paint®, waxes, decoupage and Craqueluer product can make

This is the after!!
Ashley, admits that Chalk Paint® has become an obsession.  She painted right over the original wood finish with OLD WHITE, then layered PARIS GREY over that.  She used CLEAR WAX and distressed it.  Allowing the OLD WHITE and the wood finish beneath it all to peak through.  She then sealed it with a little more CLEAR WAX, followed by the DARK WAX.

Look at the detail and all the beautiful distressing, this looks like a well loved, well aged heirloom!

Once she was done she used Modge Podge to decoupage her Toile Tissue Paper (compliments of Robyn Story Designs!!) to the inset of the head and foot board!  To top it all off she used CRAQUELUER step 1 and 2 with DARK WAX rubbed in to the areas of crackle to achieve the look of old worn paper!! 

the foot board and side rails


Ashley wanted to keep some of the wood but  marry the paint in the room so that it all made sense.  She kept the bureau in its original finish but painted the mirror with the same combination of colors.  Now the room has symmetry in color.  I think you notice the pieces more, the mirror just POPS now!
A close up of the mirror detail

Here's the bed put back together.  Notice the fixture next to the bed.  That's a repurposed shutter (from Habitat for Humanity) and a wall sconce wired right on top.  What a great way to bring some character and texture to a room!! (Another popular design from Robyn Story Designs)

Thank you Ashley for creating a beautiful retreat and sharing it with us and allowing me to share it with everyone.  I know others will find this inspirational!

If this bedroom inspired you to remake a room in your home, please stop in to
ROBYN STORY DESIGNS & BOUTIQUE 
and let us guide you.  We have the entire
CHALK PAINT® decorative paint line as well as other complimentary products that will help you take your project to the next level!

16 comments:

  1. OMG I love this!!! I would love to see more of how she used your tissue toile to do the decoupage. I have been toying around with tissue toile myself, but its very pesky business. I adore the bed!!! A perfect ten! and I recognize the shutter/sconce from one of my favorite displays you had around a repro bench that was stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous. I love the makeover and adding the toile is stunning. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - she did it all! Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful job. I love the bed! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous job. Love the blending of the colors of the paint.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a gorgeous makeover. I'm working on a chalk paint project that, while nice, just seems to need a special oomph. I'm going to try the color layering. Thanks for sharing Ashley's wonderful project. Truly an inspiration for me. I'm featuring your post on my Once Upon a Firefly FB page today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing! I love the craqueluer layered over the tissue paper.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My sister borrowed some ASCP to paint a pretty vintage bed.
    I can't wait to see it.
    This bed is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this but would never have the nerve to try it! I have a real hard time however doing something like this to cherry wood. I so love dark woods. This is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like such a high end bed, beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ok whats up with the toile tissue paper, if i may ask. what a DROP DEAD GORGEOUS bed. i love love love it. what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is all just gorgeous. At first glance the toile looks like fabric.

    Adore her mirror!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena
    2012 Artist Series

    ReplyDelete